Highlights of new Apple Procurement Scheme for Jammu and Kashmir
1. Government of India has announced procurement of apples produced in Jammu and Kashmir during the current season 2019.
2. NAFED will complete the entire process of procurement through designated State Government Agencies by 15th December 2019.
3. Procurement will be made directly from genuine apple growers.
4. The State Government will ensure direct payment in the Bank Account of the apple grower through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
5. All categories of apples ie A, B and C will be procured from all the apple producing districts in Jammu and Kashmir as well as designated mandis in Sopore, Shopian and Srinagar.
6. Fair prices for various categories will be fixed by the Price Committee that includes a member from the National Horticulture Board.
7. Quality Committee will ensure proper grading of varieties of apples.
8. The implementation and coordination committee at the State level will be chaired by the Chief Secretary.
9. Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Home Affairs and other Central agencies will oversee smooth implementation of the Scheme.