Union home minister Rajnath Singh has discussed the following additional measures with Chief Minister of J&K Mehbooba Mufti that will be taken for the state:
1. On the advice of MHA, J&K Govt had announced amnesty scheme for youth who were involved in incidents of stone pelting. About 3685 youth have got relief so far. More than 9000 youth are likely to be covered.
2. MHA has further advised state Govt to constitute a high level committee headed by an officer of the rank of DG/ADG to review remaining cases of stone pelting against youth.MHA is of the view that stone pelting cases of non-grevious nature against the youth should be closed/withdrawn.
3. In order to provide an opportunity for alternative path of peace and prosperity to Kashmiri youth who have joined militancy, MHA has also advised the state Govt to formulate a new surrender and rehabilitation policy.The policy will provide them with economic rehabilitation and suitable training to run their own business etc. enabling them to return to the mainstream and lead a dignified life.
4. In order to redress the grievances of migrants that include Kashmiri Migrants , Jammu Migrants, Displaced persons of POK, Chhamb and west Pakistan refugees, the state Govt has been advised to immediately constitute an advisory board for the migrants.
5. The work on Artificial Laki in Jammu will also be started soon.