TOP STORIES OF THURSDAY
1. New Delhi: Day 12: Winter Session of Parliament; Chaos on cash crunch continues, Oppn continue protest in Parliament over demonetization, presses for Prime Minister’s reply, JPC
2. New Delhi: Leaders of opposition parties to meet President on Thursday at 7:15 PM on Demonetisation & the way IT bill was passed in Lok Sabha.
3. New Delhi/Mumbai: Day 23 of Demonetisation: Planning to withdraw salary on December 1?, ATMs are still dry, RBI restricts withdrawal limit on Jan Dhan accounts to Rs 10,000
4. New Delhi/NCR Region: Dense Fog In Delhi, Season’s First; Flights Affected; The Indian Meteorological Department forecast predicts dense to moderate fog in NCR for the next seven days
5. New Delhi: Domestic flying is set to become more expensive from December 1 with the government imposing a levy on flights in major routes to fund regional connectivity
6. Chennai: Cyclone Warning In Tamil Nadu: cyclone is likely to cross the Tamil Nadu coast by Dec 2 morning; Chennai and coastal districts of Tamil Nadu will receive rain from Thursday
7. Chennai: NDRF teams alerted on onset of Cyclonic storm NADA, 3 teams at Cuddalore,1 team at Nagapattinam & 1 team at Chennai kept on standby
8. New Delhi/Mumbai: Petrol price increased by Rs. 0.13/litre, diesel price decreased by Rs. 0.12/litre with effect from midnight of 30th Nov/1st Dec
9. New Delhi: Supreme Court to hear Teesta setalvad case
10. New Delhi: Supreme Court to hear Awaraj Abhiyan plea on Drought effected states case
11. New Delhi: SC to hear Awaraj Abhiyan plea on Drought effected states case
12. New Delhi: Supreme Court to hear Shahabuddin jail shifting or transfer cases
13. New Delhi: National Anthem SC verdict: Owaisi welcomes ruling, but questions will it boost patriotism
14. Jammu: Nagrota terror attack: Army chief visits camp, combing operations on
15. New Delhi: Indian economy grows 7.3 percent in September quarter
16. New Delhi: ED searches 40 places across India, retrieves 10 lakh in new notes from Kolkata
17. Meerut: Arvind Kejriwal will address a rally in Meerut on Thursday…Starting December 1, Kejriwal will address a series of rallies across India, including one in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Lok Sabha constituency Varanasi, taking his fight against demonetisation to the masses.
18. Dhaka: Manohar Parrikar is in Bangladesh – On December 1, the Minister, who will be accompanied by the Vice Chiefs of the Army and Air Force, Deputy Chief of Navy besides Coast Guard chief, will visit the military academy in Chittagong and meet Hasina, who also holds the defence portfolio. The Indian military officials will also meet with the heads of Bangladesh’s Army, Navy and Air Forces to discuss ways to improve military cooperation.
19. New Delhi: HRD Ministry to launch campaign to spread awareness regarding digital currency on December 1. The Union HRD ministry is set to launch a campaign involving youth to spread awareness regarding digital currency following the demonetization decision of the government.
20. New Delhi: 2 mohalla clinics near shelters to aid homeless – Starting December 1, the city’s homeless would be able to test the Delhi government’s mohalla clinic project at two locations—Dandi Park on way to ISBT Kashmere Gate and Sarai Kale Khan.
21. New Delhi: December 1 is foundation day of “Border Security Force”
22. New Delhi: December 1 is “World AIDS Day”
23. New Delhi: Sh J P Nadda, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare will be the Chief Guest at the function to mark celebration of “World AIDS Day”. Smt Anupriya Patel and Sh Faggan Singh Kulaste, Ministers of State (Health and FW) will also grace the even at 10:30 AM at Weightlifting Hall, J L Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.
24. New Delhi: Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment will be the Chief Guest at “Blood Donation Camp” organized by Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya National Institute for the Persons with Physical Disabilities (Divyangjan) and National AIDS Control Organization at 9 AM at PDUNIPPD CAMPUS, 4, Vishnu Digamber Marg, (Near Bal Bhawan & Opposite Hindi Bhawan) New Delhi.
25. Lucknow: Lucknow Metro prepare for grand inaugural function on Dec 1
26. Puri: Konark Mahotsav, Sand Art Fest from December 1
27. Gandhinagar: PAAS team to hold talks with Gujarat government on Thursday
28. Kohima: Hornbill Festival from December 1
29. New Delhi: Books, music downloads from foreign sites will be costlier from Dec 1
30. Mumbai: IIT Bombay placement drive to start on December 1
31. Kolkata: Yangon to Kolkata flights from Thursday
32. New Delhi: “Habitat Photosphere”, a first of its kind photography festival begins from December 1 and will be inaugurated by film director Shyam Benegal at IHC.
33. Mumbai: Maharashtra to supply 30,000 PoS machines in rural areas from December 1. Maharashtra government has decided to supply 30,000 Point of Sale (PoS) machines to its ‘Apale Sarkar’ (Your Government’) centres, mostly in rural areas, to support digital transactions and help the rural economy.
34. Ahmedabad: The Shree Somnath Trust, which manages the historic Somnath temple in Gir-Somnath district of Gujarat, will confer ‘Somnath Suvarnchandrak’ award on three Sanskrit scholars at a function here on December 1.
35. Mumbai: Demonetisation: 16,000 cooperative credit societies in Maharashtra that mainly serve farmers have decided to observe a token strike on December 1.
36. Bhubaneswar: Winter session of the Odisha Assembly will begin from December 1 and continue till December 31, a notification issued by the Assembly Secretariat said. Nov 10
37. Bangkok: Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn is to be confirmed as the new king of Thailand on 1st December. His father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej the world’s longest-reigning monarch, died on 13 October, aged 88.
38. Jamshedpur: The Bar Association of Jamshedpur has given call for a day-long pen down strike on Thursday demanding adequate security to lawyers, who have miraculously escaped the firing incident that took place on the 2nd floor of the Bar Association building on Wednesday afternoon.
39. Cuttack: In a bid to ensure safe journey of students to school, the district administration has decided to implement a complete ban on use of auto-rickshaws and vans in ferrying school children from December 1.
THIS DAY IN HISTORY
1997: In Bihar, Ranvir Sena attacked the CPI(ML) Party Unity stronghold Lakshmanpur-Bathe, killing 63 lower caste people.
1980: Mohammad Kaif, Indian cricketer
1974: Sucheta Kriplani, former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
1990: Vijaya Laxmi Pandit, first Indian Lady Ambassador and Politician
TOP STORIES OF THURSDAY